Monday, November 10, 2014

the sheer excitement of a windy day

My feet hit the ground,
I just can't wait...This journey about to unfold,
no one can anticipate. 

The power of the wind as it washes 
 over me,
Breaking those chains and setting me free. 

I close my eyes, you take me back, 
To that place of freedom we often lack. 
Where the wild animals roam free,
How I crave that simplicity. 

Away from the squalor and this superficial world. 
Yes, that one trip changed this girl. 
For it showed me to be pure, to be true,
Oh, Serengeti, how I miss you. 
your endless plains, your gentle breeze,
Have taught me more than I could ever feel. 

So when I feel myself getting lost in this world,
I find myself searching for that girl. 
Who once needed nothing but the wind
To make her feel alive, to make her sing. 
To find herself, to restore her faith in herself and this wonderful world,
All she needs is that wind to take her back to a simpler time, to live again, pure and unfurled. 


No comments: